Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Craftsy Online Course




I’m currently enrolling in an online sewing course at Craftsy. Already started a few chapters and I do find that this course is great, especially for beginners. If you would like to try an online course, I would recommend this one. It’s in a video format, less reading ;).

**Note that my current resources are only books. I have never attended any sewing class (except for baju kurung – Malay traditional costume). So, I guess this course is very useful for me as I wanted to learn the right way instead of just making assumptions on how things are sewn.

I’m taking Sewing Studio: Fashion Fitting, Home Decor & More - an online course available on Sympoz. If you feel that this course would help you and want to enroll, use the following link. I was able to get you a special discount of 50% off:


---
About Sewing Studio: Fashion Fitting, Home Decor & More:
Increase your sewing savvy with fit and finishing techniques from Diana Rupp of Make Workshop. In Sewing Studio, she'll walk you through two classic patterns - an Envelope Pillow and Naughty Secretary Skirt - using methods you'll use again and again. Watch step-by-step tutorials on zipper insertion, lining a skirt, adding darts, finishing with French seams and much more. 
---



2 comments:

Rylan Ty said...

That sounds exciting! I'd love to hear your adventure with it! I LOVE sewing as well (just like I love all my hobbies). I don't really know much about it but I can sew the basic things--such as curtains, pillows, etc. You know what I'd really love to get into? Sewing upholstery! That I'd love! Thanks for sharing all these info!

syaf said...

Upholstery! I am sure you have decorated every area in your house beautifully and tastefully! - I fell in love with your herbs garden ;)

And omg, I think we are so alike. I have a lot of hobbies (anything related to art) and I LOVE them all!.. hmm i think im having conflict of interest lol >_<