Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Skirt Marathon 1

After succeeding in my first attempt with skirt (S is for Skirt), I made 2 more skirts for my lovely friends; an expert photographer  and a successful baker. Both skirts are tiered skirts.




Unfortunately, the skirts were not really a success this time. One is a bit loose at the waist; another is a bit tight at hip. More and more practice needed obviously. My version of tiered skirt is rather boring, don’t you think so? Each skirt was made using the same fabric design. I should try mixing it with at least 2 designs. Hmm, okay will gonna try this again one day.




Oh, this is the book that helped me a lot in making these skirts. I love it because:
  •        there’s a guide on how to take measurement
  •        consist lots of explanations on each method featured in the book
  •        you can mix n match i.e. whether you want elastic or zipper waist band
  •        and what’s more interesting is that you don’t have to trace any patterns!!
But I must warn you, if you don’t enjoy reading long-winded, picture-less instructions, you probably would want to try other books ;)


:)


5 comments:

beca-rock said...

Akhirnya dok tunggu entry skirtttt niii hehehehe, go syap make more!!

syaf said...

haha yahaa thanksss.. i'll definitely make more! (sorry pinggang skirt hang tak ketat betul hehe)

rock said...

its okay boleh pakai time2 ngandung, sbb now kalau pakai ketat skit perut tak selesa sakit, so it is wearable in both condition, looking at the good side!

MyBotanG said...

I have this book too.. in the beginning, I thought it boring and too technical, shelved it and practically forgot about it till recently, I got it out again and it all seems to make more sense and it does contain lots of info about different techniques.. (haven't had a chance to try anything yet...sigh)

your skirts are cute :) I'm in the midst of making a simple top for me... *grin*

syaf said...

Rock: Ohh im glad to hear that rok! and thank you for your continuous support. Luv u muahh xoxo ;D

Sue: Hehe thanks :).. Perhaps when u're done with the top, you can sew a matching skirt!