Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

S is for Skirt

The first skirt I have ever made was during secondary school. It was a knee length skirt with floral pattern fabric. This was one of the projects for Kemahiran Hidup and to be honest, I don’t really like this subject.. because the teacher made me hate it. Here’s one of the stories.

One day I was late for KH because I had to help carry some books to the teachers’ room (only a few minutes late and that was the first time). My KH teacher locked the sewing room and didn’t let me and my 3 girlfriends in. Frustrated was I bcos I thought I can continue sewing that day! (I didnt have a machine at home). She was very very angry I could even hear her yelling to our classmates in that room. Madness.. Somehow I was glad she locked the door! So since we couldn’t go anywhere else, we just sat outside having a picnic next to the KH garden, enjoying the lazy afternoon breeze with a nice green view.. that was a great ‘escape’ ;).. Well yeah, I managed to finish the skirt on time, half heartedly.

Anyway, I’ve decided to try sewing skirts again now. Tiered this time.

mine

Following my success of sewing a beautiful skirt (now stop rolling your eyes at me! haha), I made another 2 tiered skirts for my pretty nieces.

huda nana

Triple happy ending woohoo!!

2 comments:

ween said...

lovely skirt! so adorable. hye from crafty swap participant :)

syaf said...

thanks! and hi ween! *waving*
happy sewing and swapping ;D