Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Kiddie Bag

It was love at first sight when I saw this at Rae's blog. It’s so cute! Simple but cute!

kids_bag

No.. no, the bag above is not for my son.. Pink is definitely not for boys haha! I actually made that for my 3 yr old niece. Since she was not around that particular time, I have to ask that part-time model to wear the pink bag. Oh, why didn’t he wear his own bag? Err.. okay, I’ll make one for him :P.. (and err.. not until I’m done with another one.. custom order for a friend. I’ll post the pics once finished)

4 comments:

Bea said...

OK now I'm gawking too :P. The kiddie bag is so cute! Your niece is so lucky. Back then in the 80's, my school bag was like 'janji ada & functional'= X cute huhu...

syaf said...

hehe thanks bea! sewing stuffs for kids are very rewarding.. they'll use it until lunyai (fabric must be cute tho).. kids will never complain, adults do lol..

MyBotanG said...

this is super cute.. love your fabric choice and the combo.. great choice.. I have a knapsack pattern but dread thinking about the the many parts I have to cut.. waaaaaa.. so in the end, it is just lying there in the corner, untouched.. uhuhuhuh

how long did it take you for the whole process..?

syaf said...

owh thanks Sue.. yeah it was very very tedious and i told myself i will never sew this again haha.. but looking at my niece's happy face when getting this, i think i will sew more :)

took about 1 week (or was it 2 wks?) to complete this. i have to make the piping myself. Those ready made piping bias here is a bit tiny for bags.